Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Quick Easy Dinner

This is how I make it:

1/2 c. butter and/or oil (you can mix them if you want)
1 bell pepper choped
1 sm. onion chopped
2 stalks of celery
mushrooms, sliced or chopped
crushed garlic
Cook this together until vegetables are soft.
Add 4 Tbl. flour and stir into mixture to make a paste.

Start slowly pouring in milk as you stir to make the sauce. It will thicken as it heats up so you may have to add a little more until you get to desired consistency.

Add 1 can of chicken or tuna with the juices (allow for the juice as you decide on how much milk to add)
Flavor with your favorite herbs and spices - I like salt, pepper, onion pwd., garlic pwd, parsley, rosemary, etc.

Toast some yummy bread and pour this mixture over it....This is very quick and easy and was delicious for dinner tonight.....
Sorry no pictures, just take my word for it

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok that sounds fabulous! Myabe because I'm starving right now.... I'll totally have to try it, I was looking for another meal to make this week. Thanks!

This is Shasta, I'm signed in under Tanner's account.