Saturday, May 9, 2009

Apple Pecan Bleu Cheese Salad


This salad is so easy to make and so delicious...I first tried it at Dave and Busters in AZ and fell in love with it..This salad tantalizes my taste buds and I crave it all the time. Not to mention the Candied Pecans are so evil !!!! After I bake them I will occansionally drizzle a little carmel on them to make this salad taste like a candied apple...Sometimes when Im bord I will add strawberries and chicken to the salad to make it more of a meal.. but only if im bord...Bon appetite and Enjoy
1 head of romaine lettuce

2 green apples peeled and sliced

1 cup of crumbled bleu cheese

as much as you want of candied walnuts or pecan

I buy a Rasberry Walnut Vingerette to go with it and it is YUMMY

I candied the nuts by beating one egg white until frothy..add a 1/2c of brown sugar to mixture..then coat the nuts with it..bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes..let cool 5 minutes and eat.

1

8 comments:

The Frosts said...

Your nuts look so tasty!! I can't wait to eat 'em. Haha. That salad really does look quite delish and easy. Good job, chef.

karis stapley said...

Oh yum! I love salads like that! Especially when they have pecans in them! thanks for sharing!

tiffany knox said...

cool I love new recipes. why do they have to use words like frothy, i dont know what that means! thanks for leaving a comment. I was trying to figure out where you moved so I was searching your blog and I was unsuccessful all it did was make me want to drive to cali to get pinkberry! they need more of those around dont you think?

Halls Family said...

Okay, totally want some right now!! I think I will make some of that this week!!

Jen Olson Brown said...

This looks so yummy! Thanks and we miss you guys!

Tanner and Shasta said...

Ya I'm not a fan of carpet. It kind of grosses me out. I think a spill is harder to get rid of on carpet, wood is the way to go! Thanks for the advise! Hows Utah?

Julie said...

Looks like a fun weekend!...
Aaron is going to Africa to finish school.. like a study abroad program.. when you gonna come see me anyhow?

Ty and Holly said...

I totally want to eat this right now.