Friday, March 14, 2008

Delicious Apple Dumplings

This dessert is so good and very easy. I have to give my sister in-law Holly credit, she posted it on her blog first and I had to try it. Needless to say it turned out fabulous and I plan on making it again soon. You can also go to this website for more pictures and instructions on how to create this and other delicious dishes. www.thepioneerwomancooks.com






Apple Dumplings

2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew or whatever soda you like.

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

6 comments:

Lynsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kami Milliron said...

I am SO excited to try out all these yummy recipes. Thanks for sharing them : ) I bet Hudzilla and Hugh are loving these new treats you're making !

Unknown said...

wow! you are quite the homemaker now! no more frozen dinners I guess! These look delicious! I still want to come down I told Nicolle maybe we could time a trip at the same time.

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Thats so funny. I just saw that recipe two days ago and wanted to try it. So now I know it's good and I'll for sure make it. I looked easy, so thats righ up my alley!

Lindy said...

Are you kidding me?? This recipe looks devine! I love that you always post recipes cause I'm always down for trying something new, especially if it's a treat! We live in Pleasant Grove, by the way. So next time you're here let me know.

Nicolle said...

yummy! I love it when you post recipes! I cant wait to make these!